If you're interested in joining our team, please review the open positions below, and submit your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be responsible for optical transceiver FW development to support next-generation data communications and coherent transmission products. The responsibility spans from the concepts through the design and development into the mass production.
The scope of the responsibility includes:
- Lead FW team to design, develop, implement, debug and test embedded software for coherent and Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM) optical transceivers to meet Ethernet and Optical Transport Network (OTN) product requirements (MSA standard spec);
- Develop advanced high speed optical modulator/receiver control algorithms for highly integrated optical transceivers;
- Participate in design reviews, collaborate with transceiver hardware designers to complete embedded module controller related hardware platform selection and design;
- Perform hands-on hardware bring up, transceiver module debugging and code optimization;
- Support customer design-in activities with close cooperation with other team members;
- Provide instructions to Jr. Firmware engineer and review their design.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- 7+ years of experience with embedded software and protocol design;
- MCU architecture, Microcontrollers and DSP processors.
- Hands-on experience with the I2C, MDIO and SPI protocols.
- Strong skills in optical transceiver FW development
- Solid knowledge of Telecom/Datacom standards (OTN, Ethernet) and 100G/400G optical transceiver MSAs (CFPx, QSFP, OSFP, COBO)
- Experience with optical transceiver testing automation for mass production
- Experience in developing DSP (Digital Signal Processing) algorithms, tunable laser, MZ modulator control algorithm, calibration method is highly desirable.
- Experience in 100G/200G/400G coherent/PAM4 transceiver is strong plus
- Good verbal and written communication/presentation skills for expressing technical ideas and initiatives.
- Self-motivated and good teamwork skills.
- Risk taking to explore new possibilities for improvement and innovation.
- Experience with source control and bug tracking tools, including GIT, Jira, SVN, Bugzilla
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Work location: Silicon Valley, California