- Single-wavelength 50G PAM4 transmission
- Fixed wavelengths on DWDM 100GHz Grid
- Up to 40km over SMF (with DCM and EDFA)
- Duplex LC connector
- Integrated KP4 FEC function
- 2x26.5G 50GAUI-2 host interface
- Compliant with QSFP28 MSA SFF-8665
- Compliant with QSFP28 MSA SFF-8636
- QSFP28 MSA digital monitoring functions
Alpine Optoelectronics’ 50G DWDM QSFP28 pluggable optical transceiver modules are designed for multiple 50GbE links up to 40km distance over standard G.652 single mode optical fibers (SMF). For short distances, e.g. several kilometers, no EDFA and dispersion compensation modules (DCM) are required. But for relative longer distances, EDFA and DCM are required to compensate the fiber link loss and fiber dispersion.
The module’s DWDM transmitter is on the ITU-T defined 100GHz spacing DWDM grid, and is Laser Class 1 compliant according to International Safety Standard IEC-60825. The receiver section uses a wideband PIN-PD detector and is DWDM channel independent. Digital diagnostics functions are available via the I2C interface as specified by QSFP+ MSA specification SFF-8636.