- Single-wavelength 50G PAM4 transmission
- 1310nm wavelength
- Up to 40km over SMF
- Duplex LC connector
- Integrated KP4 FEC function (optional)
- 2x26.5G 50GAUI-2 host interface
- Compliant with QSFP28 MSA SFF-8665
- Compliant with QSFP28 MSA SFF-8636
- QSFP28 MSA digital monitoring functions
Alpine Optoelectronics’ 50G QSFP28 pluggable optical transceiver module is designed to meet the 50GBASE-ER standard for up to 40km distance over standard G.652 single mode optical fibers (SMF). KP4 FEC function is integrated into the module as a value-added optional function, so this module is especially useful for systems without FEC.
The module’s transmitter is Laser Class 1 compliant according to International Safety Standard IEC-60825. The receiver section uses an APD detector. Digital diagnostics functions are available via the I2C interface as specified by QSFP28 MSA specification SFF-8636.